Stevenage woman’s fashion designs in London show
A BUDDING fashion designer will showcase her Russian-inspired work at the largest graduate fashion event in the world.
Sophie Hoepelman, 23, from Stevenage, will be among more than 1000 of the finest up and coming fashion students displaying her hard work and creativity at Graduate Fashion Week on June 10 at London’s Earl’s Court.
Sophie, who attends the University of East London, has collaborated with classmate Shakila Noori, 23, to exhibit six Russian-inspired pieces of clothing to the world’s fashion industry at the four-day event.
The final year fashion and marketing student said: “I have always been interested in fashion and love reading fashion magazines. I have also done some work experience at the Clothes Show Live during London Fashion Week, which made me want to pursue this line of work.
“I have collaborated with another student who is talented at making things, whereas I am more interested in the creative part of fashion design. I have taken inspiration from the Russian way of life and the clothing has extravagant print work and heavy beading.”
You may also want to watch:
Sophie said she enjoys working in a fast pace environment, being creative and visual. She added: “Working on this collection has been really labour intensive. I have built up a lot of skills and being chosen for Graduate Fashion Week has made my degree all the more worthwhile.”
Going forward, Sophie hopes that Graduate Fashion Week will give her the platform she needs to break into a competitive industry. She hopes to be a fashion buyer, specialising in womenswear.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising