Stevenage woman Catherine Everett completes London to Brighton cycle challenge as husband battles motor neurone disease
- Credit: Archant
The wife of a man battling motor neurone disease has completed a cycle challenge to raise money for vital research into the illness.
Catherine Everett, who lives in Stevenage with her husband Scott and daughters Anna and Evie, cycled 56 miles from London to Brighton on Sunday.
She was joined on the London to Brighton Cycle Ride by a group of friends from Hitchin Lacrosse Club and together they have raised more than £2,300 online for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
Scott, 47, was diagnosed with MND in March last year and given up to three years to live.
Catherine said: “We did it! It took all day and challenged each of us at different times, but it was a great atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“We had fun though and are really heartened to see donations still coming in.”
You can still make a donation to support Catherine and the team by visiting justgiving.com/fundraising/blue-sky-wheelers.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home