Stevenage woman Catherine Everett completes London to Brighton cycle challenge as husband battles motor neurone disease
- Credit: Archant
The wife of a man battling motor neurone disease has completed a cycle challenge to raise money for vital research into the illness.
Catherine Everett, who lives in Stevenage with her husband Scott and daughters Anna and Evie, cycled 56 miles from London to Brighton on Sunday.
She was joined on the London to Brighton Cycle Ride by a group of friends from Hitchin Lacrosse Club and together they have raised more than £2,300 online for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
Scott, 47, was diagnosed with MND in March last year and given up to three years to live.
Catherine said: “We did it! It took all day and challenged each of us at different times, but it was a great atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“We had fun though and are really heartened to see donations still coming in.”
You can still make a donation to support Catherine and the team by visiting justgiving.com/fundraising/blue-sky-wheelers.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 4 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'