Stevenage woman critical after fracturing skull in suspected assault
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN is in a critical condition after fracturing her skull in a suspected assault.
The 29-year-old victim was with friends at Stevenage Bus Station in Stevenage town centre at around 7pm on Friday when it is alleged she received a blow to the head.
The woman, from Stevenage, fell to the floor where it is believed she was then assaulted again by the offender or offenders, near to the JD Wetherspoon pub The Standard Bearer.
She was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where she remains in a critical but stable condition.
Detective constable Emma Landucci, from the Local Crime Unit in Stevenage, said: “I believe there were a number of people in the area at the time who may have seen the incident but have not yet spoken to police.
You may also want to watch:
“If you were there and saw anything at all or you know anything about this incident, please get in touch with me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information should contact police on the non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
• Dale Teer, 35, of Winifred Road, Bedford, has been charged with grievous bodily harm and remanded in custody to appear at Hatfield Remand Court this morning (Tuesday).
• A 32-year-old man from Stevenage has also been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and has been released on police bail until July 28 while investigations continue.