Stevenage woman completes tough guy challenge
- Credit: Archant
A TOUGH woman has completed a Tough Guy challenge.
Hayley Long, 32, from Stevenage, completed the Tough Guy challenge in Wolverhampton on the January, 27.
The event has up to 5,000 competitors facing gruelling challenges over a 10-mile course, with only a third able to finish.
Hayley who trains with fitness and weightloss group Stevenage Real Bootcamp was the 124th woman to cross the finish line and raised £150 for Help for Heroes.
She said: “I lost four stone with the group. I trained with them to lose weight and once you have been through that it makes you strong in mind and body.”
You may also want to watch:
Hayley who trained all year for the event liked the mental and physical challenges, she added: “I would have done it a lot quicker but I was on my own and lost my shoe. It took half and hour to find it because it was so cold and muddy.”
Challenges included a death plunge, wading chest high in freezing water with three inches of ice, being electrocuted 13 times in a pitch-black torture chamber, climbing 100ft cargo nets and underwater tunnels.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
However she has not been put off, she said: “I got such a buzz from it. I really faced my fears and felt pain and cold like you would not believe but you forget what pain you went through. I have already signed up to do it again next year.”