Stevenage woman completes tough guy challenge
- Credit: Archant
A TOUGH woman has completed a Tough Guy challenge.
Hayley Long, 32, from Stevenage, completed the Tough Guy challenge in Wolverhampton on the January, 27.
The event has up to 5,000 competitors facing gruelling challenges over a 10-mile course, with only a third able to finish.
Hayley who trains with fitness and weightloss group Stevenage Real Bootcamp was the 124th woman to cross the finish line and raised £150 for Help for Heroes.
She said: “I lost four stone with the group. I trained with them to lose weight and once you have been through that it makes you strong in mind and body.”
You may also want to watch:
Hayley who trained all year for the event liked the mental and physical challenges, she added: “I would have done it a lot quicker but I was on my own and lost my shoe. It took half and hour to find it because it was so cold and muddy.”
Challenges included a death plunge, wading chest high in freezing water with three inches of ice, being electrocuted 13 times in a pitch-black torture chamber, climbing 100ft cargo nets and underwater tunnels.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
However she has not been put off, she said: “I got such a buzz from it. I really faced my fears and felt pain and cold like you would not believe but you forget what pain you went through. I have already signed up to do it again next year.”