Stevenage woman completes London to Paris bike ride
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage woman has completed a 310-mile charity cycle ride despite her bike being stolen while she was training.
Sarah Marks, of Wisden Road, has raised £1,200 for the Stevenage Community Trust after spending a total of 22 hours in the saddle during a four-day ride from London to Paris.
The 33-year-old’s original bike, a silver Morgan Radford worth £290, was stolen in June while padlocked to a signpost outside her work place – Stevenage Packaging Limited – in the Old Town.
The bike is still missing but that did not stop Sarah from continuing her training with a friend’s bike and completing the race earlier this month.
She said: “I’m really pleased with how everything went. I borrowed a friend’s bike and feel I got through it pretty well!
You may also want to watch:
“I’m so pleased to have raised this money for the Stevenage Community Trust and really proud of what I’ve achieved.”
To donate visit www.virginmoneygiving.com/SarahMarks1.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?