Stevenage woman charged after hoax call
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN has been charged with obstructing police following a hoax call.
Karena Nightingale, of Cholwell Road in Stevenage, has been charged after six emergency service vehicles were called to a property in the road at about 2.40am on Sunday, May 12.
Upon arrival at the scene, crews found no evidence of a fire which had been reported via a 999 call.
Nightingale, 39, will appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on May 31.
Ryan Farrelly, 19, of Strathmore Road, Hitchin, was charged last week with a public nuisance offence in relation to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear before Stevenage magistrates on May 29.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing