New Family Trail will be unveiled at Stevenage Walking Festival
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Stevenage Walking Festival will take place from May 4 to 12.
Now in its seventh year, the festival will introduce a new Family Trail on May 4 which aims to get children and their parents more excited about walking and nature.
The buggy-friendly trail will be held at Fairlands Valley Park and will enable children to learn and develop their map reading and orienteering skills.
Children can collect a pedometer for taking part.
A Stevenage Borough Council spokesman said: “This is a brilliant event and an excellent way to teach children the basics of orienteering and map reading.”
You may also want to watch:
Other events throughout the week will include short, medium and long walks and a dog-friendly five-mile walk.
For the full schedule, visit swf.nhrg.org.uk.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
The festival is free, but any donations will be given to TRACKS Autism - a specialist early years centre in Stevenage.