New Family Trail will be unveiled at Stevenage Walking Festival
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Stevenage Walking Festival will take place from May 4 to 12.
Now in its seventh year, the festival will introduce a new Family Trail on May 4 which aims to get children and their parents more excited about walking and nature.
The buggy-friendly trail will be held at Fairlands Valley Park and will enable children to learn and develop their map reading and orienteering skills.
Children can collect a pedometer for taking part.
A Stevenage Borough Council spokesman said: “This is a brilliant event and an excellent way to teach children the basics of orienteering and map reading.”
You may also want to watch:
Other events throughout the week will include short, medium and long walks and a dog-friendly five-mile walk.
For the full schedule, visit swf.nhrg.org.uk.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
The festival is free, but any donations will be given to TRACKS Autism - a specialist early years centre in Stevenage.