New Family Trail will be unveiled at Stevenage Walking Festival
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Stevenage Walking Festival will take place from May 4 to 12.
Now in its seventh year, the festival will introduce a new Family Trail on May 4 which aims to get children and their parents more excited about walking and nature.
The buggy-friendly trail will be held at Fairlands Valley Park and will enable children to learn and develop their map reading and orienteering skills.
Children can collect a pedometer for taking part.
A Stevenage Borough Council spokesman said: “This is a brilliant event and an excellent way to teach children the basics of orienteering and map reading.”
Other events throughout the week will include short, medium and long walks and a dog-friendly five-mile walk.
For the full schedule, visit swf.nhrg.org.uk.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
The festival is free, but any donations will be given to TRACKS Autism - a specialist early years centre in Stevenage.