Stevenage v Shrewsbury (match preview)
Boro could welcome back Chris Holroyd, while Joel Byrom could make the bench
Season so far
Boro welcome Shrewsbury Town to the Lamex hoping a win will see them move into the League 2 play-off places. Boro are currently eighth in the league after their 3-0 win at Barnet last week and, although they have kept clean sheets in their past four games in all competitions, they have also failed to score in three of those matches.
After winning four of their first five matches this season, Shrewsbury hit an inconsistent patch but remain fourth in League 2, five points behind leaders Chesterfield.
On their travels they have lost four of their last six, but with Jake Robinson (nine), Mark Wright (six) and Matt Harrold (five) getting amongst the goals in all competitions this season, Graham Turner’s men have enough firepower to worry any team in the division.
You may also want to watch:
Boro could welcome back Joel Byrom who has been out since mid-September due to an eye injury. Chris Holroyd should also return to the starting XI after missing the draw with MK Dons because he was ineligible. Stacy Long could make way, while Terry Dixon could keep his place on the bench.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
Shrewsbury have defender Ian Sharps back from injury, but he may be kept out of the squad by Exodus Geohaghon (who has already played against Boro this season for Rotherham United). Lionel Ainsworth and Dave Raven (both groin injuries) will both miss out.
Last five fixtures
Nov 6 (FA Cup) – Stevenage 0 MK Dons 0
Nov 2 – Barnet 0 Stevenage 3 (Mousinho (two), Roberts)
Oct 30 – Stevenage 0 Chesterfield 0
Oct 23 - Morecambe 0 Stevenage 0
Oct 16 - Stevenage 2 (Laird pen, Holroyd) Burton Albion 1
Nov 6 (FA Cup) – Southampton 2 Shrewsbury 0
Nov 2 – Crewe 1 Shrewsbury 2 (Wright, two)
Oct 30 – Shrewsbury 2 (Disley, Harrold) Barnet 1
Oct 23 – Chesterfield 4 Shrewsbury 3 (Wright, McIntyre, Disley)
Oct 16 – Shrewsbury 2 (Wright, Robinson) Lincoln 0
Referee: Roger East (Wiltshire).
So far this season – 12 matches, 49 yellow cards, one red card.
Last game – Ipswich 0 Derby 2, Nov 9. Six bookings.