Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle: familiar faces
- Credit: Archant
Ryan Brunt and Peter Hartley are back at the Lamex
Stevenage host Plymouth Argyle this evening, and the visitors have two very familiar faces in their ranks.
It was only three months ago that Ryan Brunt was enjoying a spell on loan at Stevenage.
At the time he was on the books of Bristol Rovers, and seemed surplus to requirements. With Boro short of strikers due to injuries, Graham Westley dipped into the loan market to secure the services of the striker. He came off the bench against Morecambe at home and then again in the 2-0 defeat at Newport County at the start of December.
You may also want to watch:
Then, given a run in the side, the forward made three consecutive starts and although he didn’t score he did help Boro to nine points from those games against Exeter City, Dagenham & Redbridge and Cambridge United.
Against the latter, Brunt picked up an injury and then returned to his parent club. He was then released by Rovers and was snapped up by Plymouth.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
Hartley had one season at Boro, starting 29 matches and making two further appearances from the bench last year.
He can play at either left-back or centre-half, but was part of a Boro side that struggled for defensive consistency in a season that ultimately saw them relegated back to League 2.
He was released by Stevenage at the end of the season and signed a two-year deal with Argyle in the summer.
He played the full game as Boro drew 1-1 at Plymouth back in August.