Stevenage v Northampton Town preview
Chris Holroyd set to return up front for Boro
Stevenage v Northampton Town
Saturday, December 11
Stevenage return to league action this weekend when they welcome in-form Northampton Town to the Lamex as they hope to register their first league win since they put three past Barnet without reply on November 2.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts saw last Saturday’s game against Port Vale postponed because of the weather and have had a fortnight off since they knocked AFC Wimbledon out of the FA Cup in front of the ITV1 cameras.
The Cobblers did play last weekend where they beat Stockport County 2-0 and are expected to name an unchanged XI against Boro.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
Despite their lowly league position (18th) they are currently the fifth best side in the league on form, having taken 11 points from their last six games. Stevenage have taken seven.
Boro will welcome back top scorer Chris Holroyd who missed the AFC game, while Jon Ashton, who was injured in that match, could also play.
Josh Walker, who made his debut in the FA Cup a fortnight ago, is expected to make his league debut for the club.
Tadhg Purcell is Northampton Town’s only absentee. Ben Tozer, who is on loan from Stevenage’s next FA Cup opponents Newcastle United, this week extended his loan deal until January 9.
Last five fixtures in all competitions
November 27: AFC Wimbledon 0 Stevenage 2
November 23: Stevenage 1 Southend United 1
November 20: Accrington Stanley 1 Stevenage 0
November 16: MK Dons 1 Stevenage 1 (Stevenage win 7-6 on pens)
November 13: Stevenage 1 Shrewsbury Town 1.
December 4: Northampton Town 2 Stockport County 0
November 27: Sheffield Wednesday 3 Northampton Town 2
November 23: Rotherham 2 Northampton Town 2
November 20: Barnet 4 Northampton Town 1
November 13: Northampton Town 0 Port Vale 0
Did you know?
If on-loan midfielder Josh Walker makes his league debut for Boro on Saturday (he has already played for them in the FA Cup) he will be the 11th player to make their league debut for the club this season.