Stevenage v Chesterfield preview
May and O’Shea expected to be in matchday squad
Stevenage v Chesterfield
Lamex Stadium – Saturday, October 30
Season so far
Stevenage go into this encounter against the league leaders on the back of just one defeat in seven. Graham Westley’s men are currently eighth in League 2 and last time out drew 1-1 at Morecambe, but will be looking to turn draws into wins after drawing six of their 13 games so far.
Chesterfield are riding high and the 4-3 win over Shrewsbury last Saturday sees them top of League 2. Their home form – 22 goals in seven games – has been scintillating but away from home – two wins from six – their form needs to pick up if they are to maintain their current standing.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 3 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 4 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 7 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 10 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
Luke Foster could return to the Boro bench after serving a one-match suspension and he could be joined there by Ben May who is working his way back to full fitness. Loan signing Jay O’Shea, who signed for the club midweek on a one-month deal from Birmingham City, should also feature.
Jack Hunt returns from suspension for Chesterfield, but they are without the injured Dean Morgan (groin). Craig Davies is expected to start up front but strike partner Jack Lester could be rested.
Possible starting XIs
Boro: Day, Laird, Henry, Ashton, Roberts, O’Shea, Wilson, Bostwick, Mousinho, Long, Holroyd.
Chesterfield: Lee, Ford, Griffiths, Allott, Niven, Whitaker, Mattis, Gray, Talbot, Boden, Davies.
Boro’s last five league games
Oct 23 - Morecambe 0 Stevenage 0
Oct 16 - Stevenage 2 (Laird pen, Holroyd) Burton Albion 1
Oct 9 - Rotherham 1 Stevenage 1 (Mousinho)
Oct 2 - Stevenage 0 Wycombe 2
Sep 28 - Hereford 1 Stevenage 4 (Holroyd (3), Ashton.
Chesterfield’s last five league games
Oct 23 – Chesterfield 4 (Talbot, Lester, Davies (2) Shrewsbury 3
Oct 16 – Wycombe 1 Chesterfield 2 (Davies 2)
Oct 9 - Chesterfield 2 (Whitaker, Boden) Southend 1
Oct 2 – Chesterfield 5 (Lester 2, Whitaker 2, Clay) Crewe 5
Sep 28 - Northampton 1 Chesterfield 2 (Morgan, Davies)