Stevenage unseeded in EFL Cup draw - with Aston Villa, Fulham and QPR possible opponents
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage have been unseeded in the southern area section of the EFL Cup.
The first round draw takes place tomorrow (Wednesday) and will be broadcast on Facebook Live from 1pm, and Stevenage could find themselves up against the likes of Aston Villa or Fulham.
Last year they lost 2-1 to Ipswich Town in the first round.
Fans can watch the stream on the official EFL Cup Facebook page, as well as Sky Sports’ Facebook page, skysports.com and the Sky Sports app.
Round One of the re-named cup competition includes 70 of the 72 EFL clubs this season, with the draw being seeded as well as regionalised on a north/south basis. Seedings are based on club finishing positions in the league last season.
You may also want to watch:
Seeded team (south): Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Brentford, Brighton & Hove Albion, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Coventry City, Fulham, Gillingham, Ipswich Town, Millwall, MK Dons, Peterborough United, QPR, Reading, Walsall, Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit