Stevenage twins club on the look out for more members
- Credit: Archant
Parents of twins in Stevenage are being invited to bring their kids along to a group where they can play, chat and get helpful advice on coping with double the trouble.
Jackie Owen joined the Stevenage and Knebworth Twins Club to give her one-year-old sons, Edward and Thomas, a chance to play with other twins and speak to parents in similar situations.
She said: “It is amazing. The group is a lovely bunch of people. We’re all like minded and we just share our experiences. It is good to talk and get out of the house socialising with other people.”
After giving birth, Jackie found a total lack of support for parents with twins – despite the added pressure of looking after two children. Then she discovered the Great Ashby-based group and has massively benefitted from its support.
But Jackie, who lives in the Old Town, said the group needs to reach out and recruit more people to keep going.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The sad thing is that it is really hard to get new mothers involved because they are all so shattered.
“We want them to get in touch and are trying to drum up support to keep the group going.”
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 6 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The group meets every first, second and third Monday of the month between 2pm and 4pm at the Great Ashby Community Centre in Whitehorse Lane.
To find out more email email@example.com.