Stevenage twins club on the look out for more members
- Credit: Archant
Parents of twins in Stevenage are being invited to bring their kids along to a group where they can play, chat and get helpful advice on coping with double the trouble.
Jackie Owen joined the Stevenage and Knebworth Twins Club to give her one-year-old sons, Edward and Thomas, a chance to play with other twins and speak to parents in similar situations.
She said: “It is amazing. The group is a lovely bunch of people. We’re all like minded and we just share our experiences. It is good to talk and get out of the house socialising with other people.”
After giving birth, Jackie found a total lack of support for parents with twins – despite the added pressure of looking after two children. Then she discovered the Great Ashby-based group and has massively benefitted from its support.
But Jackie, who lives in the Old Town, said the group needs to reach out and recruit more people to keep going.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The sad thing is that it is really hard to get new mothers involved because they are all so shattered.
“We want them to get in touch and are trying to drum up support to keep the group going.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
The group meets every first, second and third Monday of the month between 2pm and 4pm at the Great Ashby Community Centre in Whitehorse Lane.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.