Stevenage trio up for PFA Player of the Month
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s Kurtis Guthrie, Terence Vancooten and Ilias Chair have all been nominated for the PFA’s April Player of the Month in Sky Bet League Two.
The trio played a key role in Boro's unbeaten end to the season and they have now been recognised for their performances, with Dino Maamria's men dominating the six-player shortlist.
Guthrie had a superb month, firing seven goals and assisting a further four in just five games as he led Stevenage's late charge towards the play-offs - although they ultimately fell just short, finishing a point off the top seven.
Vancooten returned to the team towards the back end of the season and put in a number of impressive displays in defence, helping Boro keep two clean sheets in April.
Chair - who has now played his last game for the club after his loan deal from QPR came to an end - was instrumental in Stevenage's unbeaten month, providing four assists and scoring twice as he proved to be the perfect partner for Guthrie in attack.
You may also want to watch:
Voting closes at 8am tomorrow.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn