Stevenage to star in new BBC One series presented by Rogue Traders’ Matt Allwright
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage will be in the spotlight next week in a new BBC One series presented by Matt Allwright.
Daytime show The Housing Enforcers starts on Monday with Stevenage Borough Council one of a number of authorities involved after being approached by producers Twofour.
Matt – best known for his role in BBC programme Rogue Traders – will be joining the ranks as a trainee housing officer, trying to find homes for tenants and tackling problem properties and nightmare neighbours along the way.
In each episode Matt will uncover some of the UK’s most shocking living conditions, from pest infestations to missing windows, leaking sewage to over-crowding.
Filming for the programme took place in Stevenage between March and June, with the show being broadcast on weekdays at 9.15am until September 12.
Councillor Ann Webb, responsible for housing at SBC, said: “We are pleased to have this opportunity to show BBC viewers across the UK the vast range of work that our housing officers do for Stevenage residents.
“From helping people make sense of new benefit rules to finding appropriate homes for families in need, we work with many hundreds of people across the town. I know our staff found the filming an interesting and enjoyable experience, and I’m looking forward to tuning in.”
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event