Stevenage to star in new BBC One series presented by Rogue Traders’ Matt Allwright
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage will be in the spotlight next week in a new BBC One series presented by Matt Allwright.
Daytime show The Housing Enforcers starts on Monday with Stevenage Borough Council one of a number of authorities involved after being approached by producers Twofour.
Matt – best known for his role in BBC programme Rogue Traders – will be joining the ranks as a trainee housing officer, trying to find homes for tenants and tackling problem properties and nightmare neighbours along the way.
In each episode Matt will uncover some of the UK’s most shocking living conditions, from pest infestations to missing windows, leaking sewage to over-crowding.
Filming for the programme took place in Stevenage between March and June, with the show being broadcast on weekdays at 9.15am until September 12.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Ann Webb, responsible for housing at SBC, said: “We are pleased to have this opportunity to show BBC viewers across the UK the vast range of work that our housing officers do for Stevenage residents.
“From helping people make sense of new benefit rules to finding appropriate homes for families in need, we work with many hundreds of people across the town. I know our staff found the filming an interesting and enjoyable experience, and I’m looking forward to tuning in.”
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 6 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 7 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 8 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 9 Girl reportedly touched by man while walking home from school
- 10 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities