Stevenage to seal Ball deal
Former Norwich City defender earns himself a contract after successful trial spell
Stevenage expect to seal the signature of Matt Ball today.
The midfielder has been on trial at Boro and impressed in the second half of the match against Tottenham Hotspur last night (Wednesday) as Boro lost 2-0.
The former Norwich City youth product had a spell at Macclesfield Town last season but had been looking for a new club after being released by the Canaries this summer.
Speaking about Ball after last night’s match, Stevenage boss Gary Smith said: “The deal, I believe, will be signed in the morning. He’s impressed throughout the pre-season.
You may also want to watch:
“In terms of additions to the group he’s probably an individual who has more future to it as a young player out of the Norwich system. There’s some nice technical ability there and I think he’s somebody I think we can work with and add some qualities too.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go