Stevenage to play Ipswich Town in Capital One Cup
- Credit: Archant
First round draw announced this morning
Stevenage are to play Ipswich Town in the first round of the Capital One Cup.
Boro will host the Championship side in the week commencing August 5 after the draw was announced this morning.
Stevenage were drawn at home to AFC Wimbledon in last year’s first round draw, and won 3-1. They were knocked out of the competition to Southampton 4-1 in round two at the Lamex Stadium.
The previous season Boro were knocked out of the competition in the first round at home to Peterborough United, while in the 2010-11 campaign, in the club’s first ever League Cup match, Stevenage were beaten by Portsmouth at home 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
This season’s Football League fixtures will begin on August 3, with the league beginning earlier than last season following ‘a ballot of clubs, with a clear majority in all three divisions preferring the chosen date as it delivers an additional Saturday match’.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery