Stevenage to feature on prime-time TV
STEVENAGE is due to be featured on the BBC s One Show next week. TV personality Gyles Brandreth will be visiting the town on Saturday with a film crew to prepare a feature on Howards End author E M Forster. It s part of a series currently running on the One
STEVENAGE is due to be featured on the BBC's One Show next week.
TV personality Gyles Brandreth will be visiting the town on Saturday with a film crew to prepare a feature on Howards End author E M Forster.
It's part of a series currently running on the One Show about places that have inspired a work of art or literature and is due to be shown next Tuesday.
Forster lived at Rooks Nest House, on Weston Road, as a child and the house and surrounding countryside was the setting for Howards End, which was published 100 years ago next October.
You may also want to watch:
Among those being interviewed for the feature is local historian Margaret Ashby, a founder member of Friends of Forster Country, and filming will include Forster Country, St Nicholas Church and The Avenue.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie