Jailed: Stevenage thief who continued stealing while on bail
- Credit: Archant
A prolific thief from Stevenage who continued stealing while on bail has been jailed.
Katrina Watkinson, of Buckthorn Avenue, was subject to a community order during the string of thefts in Stevenage and Hitchin over the past two months – with some of the offences committed while on police and court bail.
The 28-year-old pleaded guilty to seven counts of theft when she appeared before magistrates at Hatfield Remand Court, with bench chairman Sharon Korek sentencing her to a total of 22 weeks behind bars.
The court heard that Watkinson stole goods worth £216 from Hitchin’s Superdrug store on August 9, then stole £820 worth of toothbrushes, razors and shavers from two Hitchin shops on August 17.
On September 22, she stole £31 worth of items from a Stevenage supermarket. Three days later, she stole goods from three other Stevenage stores worth a total of £150.26.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the jail term, Watkinson must pay a total of £1,035.98 in compensation for the stolen items.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy