Jailed: Stevenage thief who continued stealing while on bail
- Credit: Archant
A prolific thief from Stevenage who continued stealing while on bail has been jailed.
Katrina Watkinson, of Buckthorn Avenue, was subject to a community order during the string of thefts in Stevenage and Hitchin over the past two months – with some of the offences committed while on police and court bail.
The 28-year-old pleaded guilty to seven counts of theft when she appeared before magistrates at Hatfield Remand Court, with bench chairman Sharon Korek sentencing her to a total of 22 weeks behind bars.
The court heard that Watkinson stole goods worth £216 from Hitchin’s Superdrug store on August 9, then stole £820 worth of toothbrushes, razors and shavers from two Hitchin shops on August 17.
On September 22, she stole £31 worth of items from a Stevenage supermarket. Three days later, she stole goods from three other Stevenage stores worth a total of £150.26.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the jail term, Watkinson must pay a total of £1,035.98 in compensation for the stolen items.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas