Stevenage thief jailed for 26 weeks
- Credit: Archant
A prolific thief from Stevenage who continued stealing weeks into a suspended sentence has been jailed for half a year.
Christopher Field, of Windsor Close, admitted stealing a car stereo fascia in the town on September 23, as well as handling a stolen jacket worth £100 on September 22 and 23.
The 33-year-old was jailed for 26 weeks when he appeared before magistrates at Hatfield Remand Court on Wednesday.
The bench, chaired by Peter Spencer, deemed the offences particularly serious because Field had received a suspended sentence for theft on August 17, barely a month before these crimes.
The magistrates jailed Field for six weeks over the stereo and jacket offences, activating two 10-week suspended sentences imposed in August to make a total 26-week term.
In light of Field’s imprisonment, a community order imposed on him for other offences on September 26 was revoked.
He must pay £115 surcharge.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant