Stevenage thief jailed for 26 weeks
- Credit: Archant
A prolific thief from Stevenage who continued stealing weeks into a suspended sentence has been jailed for half a year.
Christopher Field, of Windsor Close, admitted stealing a car stereo fascia in the town on September 23, as well as handling a stolen jacket worth £100 on September 22 and 23.
The 33-year-old was jailed for 26 weeks when he appeared before magistrates at Hatfield Remand Court on Wednesday.
The bench, chaired by Peter Spencer, deemed the offences particularly serious because Field had received a suspended sentence for theft on August 17, barely a month before these crimes.
The magistrates jailed Field for six weeks over the stereo and jacket offences, activating two 10-week suspended sentences imposed in August to make a total 26-week term.
You may also want to watch:
In light of Field’s imprisonment, a community order imposed on him for other offences on September 26 was revoked.
He must pay £115 surcharge.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 3 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 4 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 5 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 8 Arlesey school recognised with prestigious inclusion award
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire