Stevenage theatre group on the fringe of festival date
- Credit: Archant
A youth theatre group will today be making a last ditch attempt to raise money to get to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival to perform George Orwell’s 1984.
Eight members of the Lytton Youth Theatre have been rehearsing their version of George Orwell’s 1984, but need to raise £11,500 for the trip by the end of the month.
The Stevenage group will hold their final two fundraisers on Saturday, July 26, ahead of their pending departure to the Scottish capital where they are due to perform the show from August 1 to 9.
Director Dave Slade said: “We have had donations from the Stevenage Arts Guild, NODA, The Follett Trust and many of our local councillors. Some businesses have also supported us and we have been given personal donations.
“The group has also been doing a wide range of fundraising from face painting to 12-hour drama workshops.
You may also want to watch:
“On July 26 we will have our last preview performance before heading to Edinburgh.”
A book, bake and indoor car boot sale is being held at the Lytton Theatre in Stevenage between 11.30am until 3.30pm, before the performance of 1984 from 8pm.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 5 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Tickets can be bought via www.ticketsource.co.uk/lyttonplayers or by calling 01438 726847.