Stevenage Tesco car park stabbing: Police appeal as victim seriously injured
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man is seriously injured following a stabbing in Stevenage’s Tesco car park – which police believe followed an altercation with a group of young people – yesterday evening.
Detectives in the town are appealing for witnesses and information following the incident.
At around 7pm, the victim was found bleeding from his leg in the car park for Tesco in The Forum. He is currently being treated at Lister Hospital.
Officers believe he may have travelled to the town by train from Letchworth.
From Stevenage railway station, it appears that he made his way across the footbridge towards Tesco and to where he was found injured in the car park.
You may also want to watch:
At some point he was in the company of a group of youths, possibly being chased.
Chief inspector for Stevenage, Simon Tabert said: "We are trying to piece together the events of yesterday evening, which led to this young man being seriously injured.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
"We have spoken to a few witnesses already, but are hoping there are others out there who might be able to help our investigation.
"We think that before he was found in the Tesco car park, the victim was involved in an altercation with a group of young people.
"We think the group then headed north in the direction of the Old Town.
"It is unclear at this stage when or how the victim received the injury to his leg.
"If you were in Stevenage town centre in any of the following areas we would like to speak to you.
"You may have seen something which could help us. We would also like to speak to anyone who thinks they might have dash cam footage from any of these locations."
Police would like to hear from anyone who might have seen anything in Stevenage railway station, The Gordon Craig Theatre/Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre, Tesco car park at The Forum, King George V Playing Field, Sish Lane and Popple Way and the footbridge from the station to the new town.
Anyone with any information should contact DC Jennie Wilson on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime number 41/14639/20.
You can also report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.