Online electricals retailer AO setting up shop inside Stevenage Tesco store
- Credit: Dave Phillips www.davephillips.c
Electricals retailer AO has announced that its in-store experience has opened at Tesco Extra in Stevenage.
This is one of five stores-within-a-store, as part of a partnership trial with the supermarket.
The opening is part of AO’s strategy to reach even more customers, marking the online retailer’s first in-store presence.
The move sees AO expand the electricals category for Tesco customers in its Stevenage store.
Customers will be able to browse and purchase from all the categories available on AO.com. This includes larger electricals such as washing machines, fridges, and TVs that can be ordered for home delivery as well a range of smaller products such as kettles and toasters that can be purchased off the shelf.
You may also want to watch:
AO occupies 1,790 square foot of retail floor space and is situated at the back-left hand side of the store and features facilities such as a dedicated open kitchen area with breakfast bar where customers can ask for help and advice from our in-store experts, digital displays, TV wall and ‘AO-To-Go’ section.
The AO store has welcomed customers for the first time at 9am today and to celebrate the opening, customers will be offered a range of deals.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 4 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 8 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 9 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 10 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
Commenting on the announcement, AO’s COO, Danny Emmett said: “Tesco serves millions of people each week and we have always said that AO delivers the best way to buy electricals, so we’re excited about bringing the AO experience to even more customers through this in-store trial.”
The store is open 9am to 8pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sunday. This is the third store now open as part of a six-month trial.