Stevenage teenager signs first pro deal after match-winning display at Hartlepool
- Credit: Archant
Ben Kennedy scored twice in 3-1 win at the weekend
Ben Kennedy has signed his first professional contract with Stevenage.
The 18-year-old scholar broke into the Boro first-team squad last month when he made his debut as a half-time substitute against Oxford United.
He has since made two starts for Stevenage and scored his first senior goals for the club when he grabbed a brace in the 3-1 victory at Hartlepool United on Saturday.
Chairman Phil Wallace told the club website: “Ben is the second scholar this season to be involved in and around the first team, which is testament to the work being done by everyone at youth level.
You may also want to watch:
“We are hopeful that a few more will come through over the coming months, to continue to justify the work and investment we’ve made in developing our own players.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?