Stevenage teen wins part in Disney movie
A TEENAGER from Comet country has landed a voiceover part in a Disney animated movie.
Stevenage resident Sophia Melvin joins Hollywood stars Lucy Liu and Michael Sheen, who also voice characters in Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue.
Sophia, 17, beat off thousands of entries after Disney launched a nationwide competition in search of someone to voice the Bee-Painting Fairy in the film, becoming the first member of the British public to voice a character in a Disney Fairies movie.
“It was a brilliant surprise to find out that I had even made it to the final seven,” she said.
Sophia visited Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, where she recorded a reading for the character.
You may also want to watch:
“The recording day was a great experience and I am looking forward to hearing my voice in the actual film,” she said.
Jason Henkel, casting director, said: “It’s incredibly exciting to give someone the opportunity to voice a character in the film.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
“The finalists all had very different and interesting voices, which made it difficult for us to decide on a winner.”
The film’s director, Brad Raymond, selected Sophia for the part.
As well as seeing her name on the credits of the UK version of the movie, Sophia will also receive �500 of Argos vouchers.
Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue, the third film in the Disney Fairies series from Walt Disney Pictures, opens at UK cinemas on August 13.
The Disney Fairies movies follow the adventures of Tinker Bell and her friends Silvermist, Fawn, Iridessa and Rosetta.