Stevenage teen wins part in Disney movie
A TEENAGER from Comet country has landed a voiceover part in a Disney animated movie.
Stevenage resident Sophia Melvin joins Hollywood stars Lucy Liu and Michael Sheen, who also voice characters in Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue.
Sophia, 17, beat off thousands of entries after Disney launched a nationwide competition in search of someone to voice the Bee-Painting Fairy in the film, becoming the first member of the British public to voice a character in a Disney Fairies movie.
“It was a brilliant surprise to find out that I had even made it to the final seven,” she said.
Sophia visited Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire, where she recorded a reading for the character.
You may also want to watch:
“The recording day was a great experience and I am looking forward to hearing my voice in the actual film,” she said.
Jason Henkel, casting director, said: “It’s incredibly exciting to give someone the opportunity to voice a character in the film.
- 1 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 2 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 5 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 6 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 7 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 9 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
“The finalists all had very different and interesting voices, which made it difficult for us to decide on a winner.”
The film’s director, Brad Raymond, selected Sophia for the part.
As well as seeing her name on the credits of the UK version of the movie, Sophia will also receive �500 of Argos vouchers.
Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue, the third film in the Disney Fairies series from Walt Disney Pictures, opens at UK cinemas on August 13.
The Disney Fairies movies follow the adventures of Tinker Bell and her friends Silvermist, Fawn, Iridessa and Rosetta.