Stevenage taxi firm employee grabbed by robber as cash stolen in early morning raid
- Credit: Archant
A member of staff at a Stevenage taxi firm was grabbed by a robber as cash was stolen during an early morning raid on Tuesday.
Between 1am and 1.10am two offenders entered Gold Star Taxis’ premises in Wedgwood Gate off Wedgwood Way.
One man held a member of staff while the other forced his way into a locked office and removed a quantity of cash. Both men then left the premises.
Det Sgt Bianca Flatman, who is investigating the incident, said: “Fortunately no one was injured, but the victim was very shaken up by the experience.
“We are hoping that someone may have seen some suspicious activity in the area, or the offenders leaving the building. If you have any information which could help this investigation please contact me on 101 quoting crime reference number E1/16/6656.”
Anyone with information can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening