Stevenage taxi firm employee grabbed by robber as cash stolen in early morning raid
- Credit: Archant
A member of staff at a Stevenage taxi firm was grabbed by a robber as cash was stolen during an early morning raid on Tuesday.
Between 1am and 1.10am two offenders entered Gold Star Taxis’ premises in Wedgwood Gate off Wedgwood Way.
One man held a member of staff while the other forced his way into a locked office and removed a quantity of cash. Both men then left the premises.
Det Sgt Bianca Flatman, who is investigating the incident, said: “Fortunately no one was injured, but the victim was very shaken up by the experience.
“We are hoping that someone may have seen some suspicious activity in the area, or the offenders leaving the building. If you have any information which could help this investigation please contact me on 101 quoting crime reference number E1/16/6656.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment