Police appeal after suspected knife attack on Stevenage teen
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage teenager suffered stab wounds believed to have been caused by a knife during an attack in the town last night.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses and information after the incident which happened at a house in Sutcliffe Close at around 10pm.
The victim, an 18-year-old man, was attacked by another man who was visiting the address.
He received treatment at Lister Hospital for head and leg injuries, and has since been discharged.
Dt Sgt Fay Tooley said: “We believe the victim and the offender are known to each other, but we are appealing for anyone who has any information about this incident to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“If you witnessed the attack or were in the area and heard the altercation please contact us.
“If you have any other information which may help our enquiries, however insignificant you may think it is, please contact me on 101 or contact Crimestoppers if you wish to remain anonymous.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting crime reference 41/51451/18. You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/Report, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers