Police appeal after suspected knife attack on Stevenage teen
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage teenager suffered stab wounds believed to have been caused by a knife during an attack in the town last night.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses and information after the incident which happened at a house in Sutcliffe Close at around 10pm.
The victim, an 18-year-old man, was attacked by another man who was visiting the address.
He received treatment at Lister Hospital for head and leg injuries, and has since been discharged.
Dt Sgt Fay Tooley said: “We believe the victim and the offender are known to each other, but we are appealing for anyone who has any information about this incident to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“If you witnessed the attack or were in the area and heard the altercation please contact us.
“If you have any other information which may help our enquiries, however insignificant you may think it is, please contact me on 101 or contact Crimestoppers if you wish to remain anonymous.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting crime reference 41/51451/18. You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/Report, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 5 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images