Stevenage student Sophie appeals for help as she gears up for trip to help Romanian orphans
- Credit: Archant
A university student from Stevenage is fundraising for a three-week trip to Romania to work with orphaned children – and she’s close to securing £200 towards that cause in a design competition.
Sophie Clempson, who studies geography at Royal Holloway, will help to renovate a care home for orphans as part of a Challenges Abroad expedition to the Transylvania region of Romania in July.
Before she goes, however, she needs to raise £950 for the FutureSense Foundation. which supports community development overseas.
Sophie has entered a design in a competition for a Oxford Campus notebooks limited edition cover, and got through to the last five – if she wins she will receive £200, which she intends to put towards the £950 total.
“The closing date is next Friday and so far the competition is extremely tight,” said Sophie.
You may also want to watch:
“I need lots of support on Facebook to gain votes and be in with a chance.”
To support Sophie in the competition, follow this link – her entry is the one at the bottom, the white lion with blue and purple flowers.
For more information on her fundraising, visit her Virgin money giving page here.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home