Stevenage student Sophie appeals for help as she gears up for trip to help Romanian orphans
- Credit: Archant
A university student from Stevenage is fundraising for a three-week trip to Romania to work with orphaned children – and she’s close to securing £200 towards that cause in a design competition.
Sophie Clempson, who studies geography at Royal Holloway, will help to renovate a care home for orphans as part of a Challenges Abroad expedition to the Transylvania region of Romania in July.
Before she goes, however, she needs to raise £950 for the FutureSense Foundation. which supports community development overseas.
Sophie has entered a design in a competition for a Oxford Campus notebooks limited edition cover, and got through to the last five – if she wins she will receive £200, which she intends to put towards the £950 total.
“The closing date is next Friday and so far the competition is extremely tight,” said Sophie.
You may also want to watch:
“I need lots of support on Facebook to gain votes and be in with a chance.”
To support Sophie in the competition, follow this link – her entry is the one at the bottom, the white lion with blue and purple flowers.
For more information on her fundraising, visit her Virgin money giving page here.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images