Stevenage student, 16, to skydive for charity
A 16-YEAR-OLD will be taking the plunge for charity and doing a 13,000ft tandem skydive. Laura Benson, a pupil at Nobel School in Stevenage, is hoping to raise �500 for enhance herts – a charity which supports Lister Hospital – to help buy vital equipment
A 16-YEAR-OLD will be taking the plunge for charity and doing a 13,000ft tandem skydive.
Laura Benson, a pupil at Nobel School in Stevenage, is hoping to raise �500 for enhance herts - a charity which supports Lister Hospital - to help buy vital equipment for the children's ward.
Laura, of Drakes Drive in Stevenage, said: "I spent a lot of time on the children's ward because I had pneumonia and jaundice, so I want to give something back."
A volunteer for the charity, she has also been working with young children for three years. She said: "I have seen how they deal with their own lives, whether they have a physical or mental disability or have an underlying condition, some of which may have been prevented with special equipment at birth.
"By raising this money, more equipment can be bought to give children a better start in life."
Laura will take to the skies on Saturday, September 12. To sponsor her, visit www.justgiving.com/laurabenson
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
To find out more about enhance herts, visit www.enhanceherts.org