Stevenage striker confident of ending goal drought
Boro striker Oumare Tounkara is confident the goals will start to flow following a difficult start to the season.
Tounkara, 23, is yet to net his first goal for the club since signing on a free transfer in May.
“When you are a centre forward that’s all you think about, every day during the session,” he told the Comet.
“During the sessions I get my goals but obviously the best is to get them in the games so I’m really looking forward to my first one.
“I know it will come and as soon as it does more goals will come; I’m not worried about it.”
You may also want to watch:
Despite not finding the net for Boro yet this campaign, the Frenchman says he’s enjoying life at the club.
“It’s been very good.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“I knew a few of the lads already as I’d played with them previously – like Roarie Deacon who I was with at Sunderland.”
Stevenage currently occupy 16th place in the Sky Bet League One table, with five points from their opening seven matches and, following last week’s defeat to Preston North End, Tounkara said discussions have taken place regarding the team’s recent form.
“We’ve been talking about it during meetings on Monday and Tuesday so now we know what we have to do and what we don’t.
“This morning the boys are confident about it and we need to move forward.”
Boro entertain fellow strugglers Carlisle United on Saturday and, with the Cumbria side having recorded their first win of the season just last week, Tounkara is confident of taking maximum points.
“I saw a few reports about the CBs and I know how they’re going to play and I’m quite confident.
“I’m confident we can get a win.”