Stevenage starlet Ben Kennedy is ‘close’ to Boro return reveals boss Darren Sarll
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s highly-rated Northern Irish forward Ben Kennedy missed the whole of pre-season and has not been available to Darren Sarll so far this campaign – but how close to a return is he?
The 20-year-old scored eight goals and picked up the same number of assists in 36 League Two games last season, further developing his reputation as one of the best young players in the Football League.
A pre-season injury has meant Boro boss Sarll has been unable to call on the Ulsterman against both Newport County and Millwall.
Speaking to Comet Sport, Sarll confirmed Kennedy is nearing a return to full fitness but it may come too soon for Saturday’s game against Colchester.
“Ben Kennedy is close,” he said.
“He should train on Friday for the first time but I’m not sure he’ll be ready for Saturday.”
Sarll described Kennedy as a ‘starting player’ and a ‘top player in League Two’, with his return to action highly anticipated by everyone involved with the club.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service