Fairlands Valley Park stabbing suspect, 14, in court over Westgate incident
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A 14-year-old Stevenage boy suspected of stabbing another child in the town’s Fairlands Valley Park on Friday night has appeared before magistrates.
Detectives are investigating after the incident, which happened at about 6pm when a 14-year-old boy was approached by a teenager unknown to him and allegedly stabbed in the back.
The victim was treated in hospital for a stab wound to the back, and discharged later that evening.
A 14-year-old Stevenage boy was arrested on Saturday in connection with this incident and a second incident at the town’s Westgate shopping centre, which happened on Saturday.
The boy, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, appeared before magistrates this morning charged with threatening someone with a blade in a public place.
This charge relates to the second incident, at Westgate. The boy remains under investigation over the assault at Fairlands Valley Park, but has not yet been charged.
He has been released on conditional bail, with a curfew and restrictions over where he can go.
- 1 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 2 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 3 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 6 Summer Sand pit opens in Stevenage
- 7 Man treated for broken jaw following Hitchin assault
- 8 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
Anyone with information that could help police should call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.