Fairlands Valley Park stabbing suspect, 14, in court over Westgate incident
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A 14-year-old Stevenage boy suspected of stabbing another child in the town’s Fairlands Valley Park on Friday night has appeared before magistrates.
Detectives are investigating after the incident, which happened at about 6pm when a 14-year-old boy was approached by a teenager unknown to him and allegedly stabbed in the back.
The victim was treated in hospital for a stab wound to the back, and discharged later that evening.
A 14-year-old Stevenage boy was arrested on Saturday in connection with this incident and a second incident at the town’s Westgate shopping centre, which happened on Saturday.
The boy, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, appeared before magistrates this morning charged with threatening someone with a blade in a public place.
You may also want to watch:
This charge relates to the second incident, at Westgate. The boy remains under investigation over the assault at Fairlands Valley Park, but has not yet been charged.
He has been released on conditional bail, with a curfew and restrictions over where he can go.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Person dies in A505 crash, police confirm
Anyone with information that could help police should call 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.