Stevenage stabbing leaves victim in ‘critical condition’
- Credit: Archant
A STABBING at a Stevenage flat has left the victim in a “critical condition”.
The police were called to Harrow Court at around 1am yesterday (Friday) morning.
The victim, described only as a man, is currently in hospital and officers believe two people may be involved.
A police statement revealed “he is currently described as being in a critical condition”.
Paramedics were called at just after 1am, with one ambulance and two response cars in attendance.
A police search team were at the scene today (Saturday).
Detective Sergeant Mark Corkin, from the Local Crime Unit at Stevenage police station, is investigating.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 6 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
He said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw anyone acting suspiciously to contact police with information.
“It is possible the offender(s) may have received injuries during the incident and I would like to appeal anyone who knows of anyone who may have been injured in suspicious circumstances to also make contact.”
Anyone with information should contact the Local Crime Unit at Stevenage police station via the Herts Police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers, an independent charity anonymously, on 0800 555 111.