Stevenage Slimming World take on parkrun to Walk All Over Cancer
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage parkrun had some extra participants on Saturday, as Slimming World members from the town took on the 5k route for Cancer Research UK.
More than 40 members – joined by Stevenage mayor Pam Stuart and her husband Tony – walked the Fairlands Valley Park course as part of the charity’s Walk All Over Cancer initiative.
The healthy living group managed to raise £143.58 just in donations, and Stevenage Slimming World’s Michelle Edwards said they hope to take part in another parkrun soon – which is held at 9am every Saturday.
“I thoroughly enjoyed it and want to run it again soon,” said team developer Michelle.
“The support we got from the other runners was amazing. The group seemed to absolutely love it and enjoyed the fact that even though we were walking, you can go out and get active.”
You may also want to watch:
Michelle also mentioned the possibility of introducing the parkrun as more of a regular occurrence on the Slimming World calendar.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation