Stevenage Slimming World take on parkrun to Walk All Over Cancer
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage parkrun had some extra participants on Saturday, as Slimming World members from the town took on the 5k route for Cancer Research UK.
More than 40 members – joined by Stevenage mayor Pam Stuart and her husband Tony – walked the Fairlands Valley Park course as part of the charity’s Walk All Over Cancer initiative.
The healthy living group managed to raise £143.58 just in donations, and Stevenage Slimming World’s Michelle Edwards said they hope to take part in another parkrun soon – which is held at 9am every Saturday.
“I thoroughly enjoyed it and want to run it again soon,” said team developer Michelle.
“The support we got from the other runners was amazing. The group seemed to absolutely love it and enjoyed the fact that even though we were walking, you can go out and get active.”
You may also want to watch:
Michelle also mentioned the possibility of introducing the parkrun as more of a regular occurrence on the Slimming World calendar.
- 1 Missing veteran John Dick found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 7 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 8 One-of-a-kind children's book shop opening in town centre
- 9 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 10 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage