Stevenage singer to appear on BBC One’s The Voice tonight
- Credit: BBC/Wall to Wall
A SINGER who has overcome drug and alcohol problems to pursue his dream will appear on talent show The Voice tonight (Saturday).
Nadeem Leigh faces superstar judges Tom Jones, Will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas, Jessie J and The Script’s Danny O’Donoghue in a blind audition aired on BBC One between 7pm and 8.30pm tonight.
The 34-year-old, who grew up in Stevenage and also spent some of his youth living in Hitchin squats, will be singing I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For by U2 as he hopes to make it through the first round, where the judges’ decision will be made with their backs turned.
“I’ve been a musician pretty much all my life and it’s something I’ve always had a passion for,” said the singer-songwriter, who spent time in rehab two years ago after battling alcohol and drug addiction.
“I saw The Voice last year and the way it nurtures artists and thought it was right up my street.”
You may also want to watch:
Nadeem, who attended Stevenage schools Brooms Barns, Letchmore Infants, Almond Hill and John Henry Newman, follows in the footsteps of Stevenage teenager Aleks Josh who appeared on The Voice last year.
Having made it through to the final 20 and performing in the live shows, the 17-year-old bowed out before the semi-final stage.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation