Stevenage sign Preston goalkeeper while Lee Cox joins on permanent deal from Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage have signed Jamie Jones and Lee Cox.
Jones joins from Preston North End having been on loan with Colchester United this season while Cox has now made his move from Plymouth Argyle a permanent one.
The 26-year-old Jones started his career at Everton before he went on to make more than 170 appearances for Leyton Orient.
Stevenage began the season with Jesse Joronen in goal, but after the Fulham loanee picked up an injury Chris Day took over. Boro have also had another four goalkeepers in on loan at varius times this season as backup to Day.
Cox joined Boro on loan in November. His short-term deal came to an end a fortnight ago, after which he signed on for another month.
You may also want to watch:
Boro were unable to use him last week against Barnet as the club is only allowed to have a maximum of five loan players in their matchday squad. Boss Teddy Sheringham went for Connor Ogilvie (Spurs), Keith Keane (Cambridge United), Aaron O’Connor (Forest Green Rovers), Offrande Zanzala (Derby County) and Deimantas Petravicius (Nottingham Forest).
However, now Cox’s deal is permanent he may be included in today’s squad to face York City.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style