Stevenage sign non-league record breaking goalscorer
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage have this evening confirmed the signing of Cambridge City striker Adam Marriott for a five figure fee.
The 23-year-old former Norwich City academy and Cambridge United player set the non-league alight last term with his scoring exploits.
He bagged 41 league and cup goals to top the Calor Southern League Premier Division scoring charts and broke a Lillywhites’ club record which had stood since the 1960s in the process.
His exploits helped City reach the play-offs, however they were beaten in the semi-finals by St Albans City, who went on to secure promotion.
Marriott has been in pre-season training with Graham Westley’s side and will look to prove his worth in the forthcoming Sky Bet League Two campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker could form an exciting partnership with experienced front man Calvin Zola who has also been recruited by Westley this summer.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings