Stevenage sign Chelsea youngster on loan
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage have confirmed the signing of Chelsea youngster Charlie Wakefield on a season-long loan deal.
The 19-year-old winger is currently recovering from injury and will continue his rehabilitation with the Premier League side before joining up with Boro.
Wakefield joined Chelsea at the end of his under-12 year after leaving Brighton & Hove Albion, but broke his ankle a few years later.
An England under-16 international, he made four appearances for Chelsea in the UEFA Youth League in his debut year as a scholar and picked up a winner’s medal after their final win over Shakhtar Donetsk.
Wakefield remained part of the squad as the Blues won the competition again in 2015/16 and signed a new deal until the end of 2018/19.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Sarll’s Stevenage are riding high in Sky Bet League Two after winning two and drawing two of their first four matches. They are set to visit Cheltenham Town this weekend.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage