Stevenage shop customer, 58, admits sexual assault after trying to forcibly kiss teenage girl and offering her money for sex
- Credit: Archant
A 58-year-old man from Stevenage has admitted sexually assaulting a teenage girl while she was at work in a shop in the town.
Abdurrahman Taycur, of Jessop Road, repeatedly asked about the girl’s sexual life and offered her money for sex before she managed to use her phone to record him trying to forcibly kiss her.
And at Cambridge Crown Court on Wednesday, prosecutor Isabel Delamere told how Taycur – known to the girl as ‘Roy’ – had later returned to the shop and put a vibrator on the counter.
Adjourning the case for a pre-sentence report to be prepared, Judge Jonathan Cooper told Taycur he would have to sign the sex offenders’ register.
The judge added: “You’ll also be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks, which will limit your opportunities to work with children.”
You may also want to watch:
Miss Delamere told the court how Taycur, a regular customer at the shop where the girl worked, had become ‘more and more overfriendly’ before offering to pay her for sex.
The victim mentioned this unsettling behaviour to a colleague, who suggested she record Taycur’s future visits using her mobile phone.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 5 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Herts Cladiators take part in London rally against 'terrible injustice'
And on a later occasion when Taycur entered the shop, he followed her while she was cleaning before ‘grabbing her by the shoulders and pulling her in for a kiss’ – with the incident captured on her phone. Further evidence came from CCTV footage.
The shop’s manager banned Taycur after a subsequent visit when he walked in and put a vibrator on the counter.
Taycur was arrested on November 11 and initially protested his innocence, saying he would never do such things – but on Wednesday he pleaded guilty to one count of sexual assault.
The case has been adjourned for sentencing in the week beginning February 20.