Stevenage set for its showcase day
Thousands of man hours and months in the planning, the annual celebration of Stevenage will burst into life tomorrow (Sunday).
Over 30,000 people are expected to join in Stevenage Day at King George V Playing Fields which this year promises to bigger than ever.
Attractions include over 150 stalls offering local produce, crafts, games and goodies; a mini-market with street entertainers and Indoor Market stalls; and a new sound stage featuring an afternoon of live music.
The main arena will feature displays of fire fighting and emergency rescue from Hertfordshire Fire Service and a parade from the A602’s Street ‘n’ Strip Rods hot rod club, as well as dancers, singers, cheerleaders, majorettes and children’s entertainers all afternoon.
Fair rides, a football festival and a range of food and drink stalls with everything from English, Thai, Caribbean and Indian dishes will also be on offer.
Howard Burrell, Stevenage Borough Council executive member for children and young people, culture, sport and leisure said: ”The stalls are all booked, the entertainment line-up has been finalised, and the final countdown to the biggest day in the town’s social calendar has begun.
“As always we are expecting thousands of local residents to come along and enjoy themselves. Whoever you are, there will be something for you so make sure you come along and join in the fun too.”
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 7 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Standalone Farm to reopen with host of activities in time for half term
Free car parking will be available at The Forum, Southgate, Marshgate, Aldi and St Georges Way multi-storey car parks.
The fun starts at 12.30pm and continues all afternoon.
For more information call 01438 242206 or email Stevenage.email@example.com