Stevenage set for its showcase day
Thousands of man hours and months in the planning, the annual celebration of Stevenage will burst into life tomorrow (Sunday).
Over 30,000 people are expected to join in Stevenage Day at King George V Playing Fields which this year promises to bigger than ever.
Attractions include over 150 stalls offering local produce, crafts, games and goodies; a mini-market with street entertainers and Indoor Market stalls; and a new sound stage featuring an afternoon of live music.
The main arena will feature displays of fire fighting and emergency rescue from Hertfordshire Fire Service and a parade from the A602’s Street ‘n’ Strip Rods hot rod club, as well as dancers, singers, cheerleaders, majorettes and children’s entertainers all afternoon.
Fair rides, a football festival and a range of food and drink stalls with everything from English, Thai, Caribbean and Indian dishes will also be on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Howard Burrell, Stevenage Borough Council executive member for children and young people, culture, sport and leisure said: ”The stalls are all booked, the entertainment line-up has been finalised, and the final countdown to the biggest day in the town’s social calendar has begun.
“As always we are expecting thousands of local residents to come along and enjoy themselves. Whoever you are, there will be something for you so make sure you come along and join in the fun too.”
- 1 Missing veteran John Dick found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 7 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 8 One-of-a-kind children's book shop opening in town centre
- 9 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
Free car parking will be available at The Forum, Southgate, Marshgate, Aldi and St Georges Way multi-storey car parks.
The fun starts at 12.30pm and continues all afternoon.
For more information call 01438 242206 or email Stevenage.firstname.lastname@example.org