Stevenage set for Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
The Christmas lights switch-on in Stevenage is set to take place from 4pm today (Thursday).
There will be a funfair, face painting and an appearance from Santa. There will be performances from Sophie Khoury, The Enlights, Reese Robinson and Roxy Searle. The cast of Cinderella, this year’s pantomine at the Gordon Craig Theatre, will also be making an appearance.
A star of BBC1 talent show The Voice, Nadeem Leigh, as well as Gabz, will take to the stage before the switch-on at 6.30pm, which will be followed by a fireworks display.
Christmas lights will also be switched on in Stevenage Old Town on Saturday.
High Street will be lit up at 5.30pm as part of an event organised by the Stevenage Old Town Business and Community Partnership.
You may also want to watch:
In the lead up to the switch on there will be a lantern parade leaving from Holy Trinity Church at 4.30pm.
Those joining the parade will walk to the other end of the High Street and visit Springfield House, where there will be a bric-a-brac stall to browse as well as, burgers, hot dogs, mince pies and mulled wine to enjoy.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
Carols will be sung on the Bowling Green at 5pm, including a performance from the Alive and Singing Rock and Pop Choir.
The Comet’s very own Sniffer the Newshound will also be on the prowl looking for stories before the evening culminates with the lighting up of Stevenage Old Town.
• Click on the link at the top right of the page for a run down of the events in Stevenage Old Town.