Stevenage season ticket holders first to buy new kit
- Credit: Archant
The new home and away kits for Stevenage’s 2014/15 campaign went on sale today to season ticket holders.
The Comet was there as excited Boro fans got their hands on the new shirts, priced at £39.99 for adults and £29.99 for children.
The home strip sees the return of the striped shirt, much to the delight of the club’s supporters.
Mick Cooper, 68, was buying a shirt for his grandson: “I like the stripes returning, it’s back to a bit of tradition. I used to watch them when they first played in the Southern League in the 1964 season, and they played in stripes then.”
The away shirt on the other hand, was getting mixed reviews, with the maroon colour clearly not to everybody’s taste.
“I am happy with the home one, not so sure about the away one at the moment but I may get one later on,” said Ron Putter, a season ticket holder of 13 years.
“The away shirt’s different,” said Cooper.
- 1 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 2 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 3 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 4 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 5 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 9 Captain uses his head but Stevenage make win over Rochdale harder than it should have been
- 10 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
“I think getting used to it after the blue of last year is just a bit of a change. I’m keeping an open mind on it.”
18-year-old Aidan Barling was more positive though: “The away one’s different – it is really nice, the golden trim goes well with the maroon.”
Simon Whittle, 41, was of a similar view: “The away shirt’s nice, I like the colour. I generally get one or the other every year.
“I went for the away this year just because it looks better.”
The kits will go on sale to Supporters’ Association members tomorrow (Friday) before the general sale on Saturday.
Shirt sizes range from 3XL to small, with baby and junior kits also available.
Currently kits are only available in the club shop, with online sales commencing on Saturday.