Stevenage schoolboy tops iTunes chart
- Credit: Archant
A student is celebrating after topping the iTunes blues chart with a recording of a school show performance.
Tom Croysdill, 18, was number one in the download chart last week after releasing his cover of Every Day I Have The Blues, previously recorded by singers such as Joe Williams and BB King.
Tom, who attends The John Henry Newman School in Stevenage, plays guitar and sings in the song.
“We recorded it at a new year concert a couple of months ago and I just had the idea to release it properly through iTunes,” he said.
“We used a computer program to adjust and balance all of the instruments and give it a more polished sound. It’s been a really great experience.”
You may also want to watch:
He now plans to go on to study music at the London Centre of Contemporary Music after finishing his A-level exams at the school this summer.
Phillip Wright, who is head of music at the school, said: “He’s really talented and gave an excellent performance. It’s really great for our music department to be able to demonstrate the kind of hardworking and successful individuals we are helping to produce.”
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
To listen to the song visit www.soundcloud.com/tomcroysdill