Stevenage schoolboy tops iTunes chart
- Credit: Archant
A student is celebrating after topping the iTunes blues chart with a recording of a school show performance.
Tom Croysdill, 18, was number one in the download chart last week after releasing his cover of Every Day I Have The Blues, previously recorded by singers such as Joe Williams and BB King.
Tom, who attends The John Henry Newman School in Stevenage, plays guitar and sings in the song.
“We recorded it at a new year concert a couple of months ago and I just had the idea to release it properly through iTunes,” he said.
“We used a computer program to adjust and balance all of the instruments and give it a more polished sound. It’s been a really great experience.”
You may also want to watch:
He now plans to go on to study music at the London Centre of Contemporary Music after finishing his A-level exams at the school this summer.
Phillip Wright, who is head of music at the school, said: “He’s really talented and gave an excellent performance. It’s really great for our music department to be able to demonstrate the kind of hardworking and successful individuals we are helping to produce.”
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
To listen to the song visit www.soundcloud.com/tomcroysdill