Stevenage school serves up a cracker
NOBEL School in Stevenage and staff at two stores in the town have joined together to give a free yuletide treat. Christmas meals are being provided for people in the community who would otherwise be spending the festive day on their own, or would not be
NOBEL School in Stevenage and staff at two stores in the town have joined together to give a free yuletide treat.
Christmas meals are being provided for people in the community who would otherwise be spending the festive day on their own, or would not be able to cook their own.
Places have been made available for 40 people to have a traditional Christmas meal prepared by Nobel's staff and students.
On Christmas Day the volunteers will help to create an enjoyable meal for all with food provided for free by Sainsbury's Coreys Mill and Nisa at the Glebe. shops in Chells.
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas Day atmosphere will be created with crackers, seasonal music and Christmas-themed films, while Specsavers will make sure people can see what great food and entertainment is being provided through free checks on the condition of their glasses.
School headteacher Alastair Craig said "This is a great commitment from Nobel students and its staff to the members of the community. Nobel has a great community spirit and this is just one of the ways in which we want to invite the community to see what Nobel stands for and how important our community is to our future.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy