Stevenage school plan 60th anniversary reunion
- Credit: Archant
A school is calling for former pupils and staff to attend a reunion and reminisce about their “old stomping ground” as it marks a milestone anniversary.
Broom Barns Community Primary School in Stevenage opened its doors for the first time in September 1953 and will be holding a reunion in March to celebrate its 60th academic year.
Headteacher Tina Jarman said: “There have been a lot of changes in the short time that I’ve been here and even more over the last 60 years. I think this will be a wonderful opportunity for people to reminisce about past times and witness the school in action and get an idea of where things are heading now. It would be a great way to bridge the gap between the old and the new.
“We are trying to ensure as many people as possible come along and see what has become of their old stomping ground. It would also be an excellent chance for current pupils to learn about the history of their school. I would encourage anyone who is uncertain about attending this reunion to come down and see what it’s all about. It’s certain to be an excellent event and something I think everyone will enjoy.”
A balloon race is also being planned during the evening – which takes place between 1pm and 6pm on March 28 – to raise money for the school in Homestead Moat.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any photos or memorabilia relating to the school, or are interested in attending the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.broombarns.herts.sch.uk for more information.
- 1 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 5 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire