Stevenage school passes day in a fun way
- Credit: Archant
Kids and teachers dressed up as wizards, cartoon characters and even bananas to take part in a fun run last Friday.
The annual race started and finished at The Thomas Alleyne Academy in Stevenage.
All the money raised during the run will be used to buy PE equipment for the sports department.
Natalie Mellowship teaches PE and religious studies at the school in the High Street.
She said: “The event is a key day in the PE calendar as it helps to raise funds for the PE department to buy new equipment for whole school use.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark Lewis, the executive principal, also took part.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Bedfordshire schools mark move to two-tier system
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy