Stevenage school passes day in a fun way
- Credit: Archant
Kids and teachers dressed up as wizards, cartoon characters and even bananas to take part in a fun run last Friday.
The annual race started and finished at The Thomas Alleyne Academy in Stevenage.
All the money raised during the run will be used to buy PE equipment for the sports department.
Natalie Mellowship teaches PE and religious studies at the school in the High Street.
She said: “The event is a key day in the PE calendar as it helps to raise funds for the PE department to buy new equipment for whole school use.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark Lewis, the executive principal, also took part.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site