Teenage alto saxophone player set for Ronnie Scott performance
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old jazz enthusiast from Stevenage has been invited to perform at the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in London on Sunday.
Alto saxophone player Adam Cummins will join the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra on stage, following an afternoon of workshops.
Dad Chris said: “Ronnie Scott’s is the ultimate jazz club, it’s been going for over 50 years. He’s so excited about it.
“He’s only 15 and to be asked to come along to play and support the main act is brilliant.
“When we walk through town and come across the walkway above the Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre – where there are pictures of celebrities from the town – he says he’d love to have his picture up there. He’s got this drive to become a great professional musician. This is a fabulous opportunity for him.”
Adam is also a member of Tomorrow’s Warriors, a charitable organisation which aims to change lives through jazz music.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables