Teenage alto saxophone player set for Ronnie Scott performance
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old jazz enthusiast from Stevenage has been invited to perform at the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club in London on Sunday.
Alto saxophone player Adam Cummins will join the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra on stage, following an afternoon of workshops.
Dad Chris said: “Ronnie Scott’s is the ultimate jazz club, it’s been going for over 50 years. He’s so excited about it.
“He’s only 15 and to be asked to come along to play and support the main act is brilliant.
“When we walk through town and come across the walkway above the Stevenage Arts and Leisure Centre – where there are pictures of celebrities from the town – he says he’d love to have his picture up there. He’s got this drive to become a great professional musician. This is a fabulous opportunity for him.”
You may also want to watch:
Adam is also a member of Tomorrow’s Warriors, a charitable organisation which aims to change lives through jazz music.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful