Santas scamper around Stevenage for Garden House Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
More than 70 Santas braved the wet weather yesterday for the first Stevenage town centre family fun run, organised by Letchworth-based Garden House Hospice Care.
The 5k run saw friends and family come together for a jog or walk around the town and through the Stevenage Town Centre Gardens – donning their best Santa and elf costumes.
Organiser Jake Amos from the hospice said: “Sunday’s Santa Scamper went really well, with a great crowd turning up to show their support for the hospice and cheering on our fancy dress runners as they took part in the town centre 5k.
“The atmosphere was incredible, and saw children and adults alike spreading some festive cheer around Stevenage.
“Huge thanks to everyone who braved the cold to take part and to all the volunteers and everyone else involved, you were all fantastic.”
Final fundraising targets are currently being counted, with every penny raised going to the running of the hospice.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown