Santas scamper around Stevenage for Garden House Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
More than 70 Santas braved the wet weather yesterday for the first Stevenage town centre family fun run, organised by Letchworth-based Garden House Hospice Care.
The 5k run saw friends and family come together for a jog or walk around the town and through the Stevenage Town Centre Gardens – donning their best Santa and elf costumes.
Organiser Jake Amos from the hospice said: “Sunday’s Santa Scamper went really well, with a great crowd turning up to show their support for the hospice and cheering on our fancy dress runners as they took part in the town centre 5k.
“The atmosphere was incredible, and saw children and adults alike spreading some festive cheer around Stevenage.
“Huge thanks to everyone who braved the cold to take part and to all the volunteers and everyone else involved, you were all fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Final fundraising targets are currently being counted, with every penny raised going to the running of the hospice.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema