Stevenage santa fun run for children's charity
A SANTA fun run will be held in Stevenage on Sunday, November 29, to raise money for a children s charity. The 5km race in Fairlands Valley Park is in aid of Keech Hospice Care – formerly Keech Cottage Children s Hospice – and will be started by the BBC s
A SANTA fun run will be held in Stevenage on Sunday, November 29, to raise money for a children's charity.
The 5km race in Fairlands Valley Park is in aid of Keech Hospice Care - formerly Keech Cottage Children's Hospice - and will be started by the BBC's DIY SOS Billy Byrne.
He said: "When I visit the children's hospice it is heart-warming to see the care and attention the children and their families are given.
"My daughter, Emma, passed away as a result of cancer, so I've had first hand experience of what it is like to go through that as a family."
People are invited to don the famous festive red suit and help raise money for children with life-limiting illnesses.
The event, which starts at 11am, is suitable for all ages and abilities.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 4 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
Entry is �15 and includes the Santa suit and beard - which you get to keep! Under 16s can enter for free and reindeer antlers will be provided. Participants must register in advance, and the deadline is midday on Friday, November 27.
To find out more or to book a place call organisers on 01582 707966, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.keech.org.uk/santarun