Stevenage’s Victoria joins coast to coast cycle crew to beat Alzheimer’s charity target
- Credit: Archant
A cycling squad of 13 colleagues from the Leeds Building Society have smashed an ambitious fundraising target after completing a coast to coast ride.
Regional manager Victoria Zielonko, who is based at the group’s Stevenage branch in Queensway, was among the party which saddled up for the challenge to raise cash for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Their 140-mile route from Whitehaven to Sunderland was picked out to mark the society’s 140th anniversary year.
The original aim was to raise £14,000 for the cause, but the total has already reached £17,400 and more donations are welcome – you can pop in to the branch or use the JustGiving website, using the search term ‘challengeoneforty’.
Victoria said: “We are delighted to have significantly beaten our initial £14,000 target. It was hard work but very rewarding, and all in aid of a terrific cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Regional managers at the firm pick a charity challenge each year, and local branches support their efforts with other fundarising activities.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?