Stevenage’s Victoria joins coast to coast cycle crew to beat Alzheimer’s charity target
- Credit: Archant
A cycling squad of 13 colleagues from the Leeds Building Society have smashed an ambitious fundraising target after completing a coast to coast ride.
Regional manager Victoria Zielonko, who is based at the group’s Stevenage branch in Queensway, was among the party which saddled up for the challenge to raise cash for the Alzheimer’s Society.
Their 140-mile route from Whitehaven to Sunderland was picked out to mark the society’s 140th anniversary year.
The original aim was to raise £14,000 for the cause, but the total has already reached £17,400 and more donations are welcome – you can pop in to the branch or use the JustGiving website, using the search term ‘challengeoneforty’.
Victoria said: “We are delighted to have significantly beaten our initial £14,000 target. It was hard work but very rewarding, and all in aid of a terrific cause.”
Regional managers at the firm pick a charity challenge each year, and local branches support their efforts with other fundarising activities.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades